[support] Database connection

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Mon Mar 26 15:03:08 UTC 2012

Any reason why you don't just create a custom module with a menu hook
that executes a print of the data that you need?  This is the way I code
most of my web service code.

Something like;

function custom_module_menu() {

  $items['custom_module'] = array(

    'access arguments' => 'access content'  // replace this with
appropriate drupal security.

    'page callback' => 'custom_module_ajax_callback',

    'type' => MENU_CALLBACK,

  );

  return $items;

}

function custom_module_ajax_callback() {

  //execute normal drupal statements here

  print 'replace this with whatever you want the ajax callback to
return';

}

You'd also need a .info file, but that would get you started.