[support] Views - open nodes in colorbox

Jeff Brown jeff at wildcoast.com
Fri Mar 30 06:57:31 UTC 2012

Thanks Joel, that helps somewhat.

Sure I don't need to highlight my embarassing ignorance of php and css, but
I'm stuck at trying to get the data into a table with 4 columns, now.

I came across semanticviews and watched Jeff Burnz's demo, and that seems
pretty cool... if only I had a table class in my theme, and didn't have to
try and figure that out from scratch. I can see that views uses a table with
1 column, but how would one override that in the theme?

In http://drupal.org/node/156863 Nancy outlines how to create a table in
php, but as a non-programmer who doesn't understand the Drupal API I kinda
get stuck trying to figure out where to put the code. table.tpl.php, or
what? I can't really see that helping me anyway, as it's specifically
selecting data which I want Views to do. (Although if I knew enough to
create that code in the right place, I guess I could just use that "simple"
table... since all my view is showing is a teaser of content that has been
promoted to front page.

Frankly, I'm stuck at a conceptual level, and can't see the wood for trees.
I don't mind doing the homework, but I'm pretty stuck for a starting point
at the moment.

Any help gratefully appreciated.