[support] URL problem with upgrade to 7.14 on Bluehost

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Sat May 19 12:50:45 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Anthony <tony at tony-mac.com> wrote:
> answer from Bluehost:
> "Simple Scripts could overwrite your .htaccess during an upgrade, however
> Simplescripts doesn't modify any files in an upgrade unless Drupal has
> outlined that the files should be changed, so any files other than the
> .htaccess that were modified would be a result of Drupal specifying that
> they should be."

Which points out that you need to keep a copy of any file delivered by
core that you have changed outside of the directory containing Drupal.
 This includes but is not limited to .htaccess and the sites
directory.  If you made changes to any file, you will loose it when
you let simplescripts do the update.  I can only assume that they were
at least smart enough to copy the contents of the sites directory for
the update or you would have seen other heartaches.

--
Earnie