[support] - SOLVED - "Front Page" module - IE vs Firefox / Safari / Chrome

Darrell Eifert deifert at hampton.lib.nh.us
Thu May 24 21:08:39 UTC 2012

Hello all --

After some research, I tried enabled "Optimize CSS Files" in the
Performance section of Drupal 6.  Apparently that aggregates all of the
stylesheets under IE
(http://john.albin.net/css/ie-stylesheets-not-loading), and solves
several IE-based CSS problems.  Worked like the proverbial charm.

Thanks again to all who offered suggestions.

-- Darrell

On 5/24/2012 4:28 PM, Darrell Eifert wrote:
> Hello Luca --
>
> Thank you for the suggestion -- I attempted to force IE into 'quirks'
> mode with an appropriate doctype declaration, but again, there seemed
> to be no change in the rendering.  I should also mention that outside
> of the Front Page module, the code renders correctly in both IE and
> Firefox as a stand-alone  web page.  validator.w3.org/ does return
> errors, but I'm not sure how much is due to incorrect code and how
> much is due to an odd synergy between the raw code and  Drupal / Front
> Page, which is set to 'themed' mode so that I can make use of the
> header, footer, and blocks available from the master CTI-Flex / Zen theme.
>
> -- Darrell
>
> On 5/24/2012 12:30 PM, luca capra wrote:
>> Il 24/05/2012 15:45, Darrell Eifert ha scritto:
>>> Hi Folks --
>>>
>>> I'm hoping someone familiar with the 'Front Page' Drupal module can
>>> offer a suggestion.  We are using Front Page to provide a custom
>>> formatted splash page for our library users.  The problem is that
>>> code designed to display text inside a green column next to an
>>> iframe with Google Calendar centered between an left and right
>>> column of standard themed blocks is rendered differently on IE (all
>>> versions) than Firefox / Safari / Chrome. I'm using the following
>>> initial code:

>>> <HEAD>
>>> <TITLE>Lane Memorial Library, Hampton, NH</TITLE>
>>> </head>
>>> <STYLE type="text/css">
>>> div#c1 {
>>> float:left;