[support] administering drupal through the web

Daniel Germer daniel at triple5.org
Tue May 29 22:45:52 UTC 2012

Thanks Earnie for your quick reply,
I appreciate that you know elysia_cron and will try it out.

The other was not helpful for me.
Yes, I had seen serfish and think that it is a really serious security
concern…
but that is not the only reason.

The provider is also blocked by the firewall of the clinic and my
clients cannot handle ssh and command line at all. It would be good
enough for me though, if I was not too paranoid using an internet
connection to give away my ssh credentials ;-)

I am sure this could start some hot discussion on security, and I would
advise anyone to NOT do ssh over the web. With my standard ssh account
for example I can (and I have to) sudo-ly fix everything on my server
(and break everything ;), too) Maybe I will create some handicapped user
for this purpose, but then if it is for myself, I might as well get an
android or iphone app to do real ssh

The other, the firefox plugin, still uses the same ports to connect,
which leaves me inside the proxy/firewall of the clinic :-(

Finally do none of those two solutions provide ftp or scp access to the
file system, so I still have to find something to administer my uploads
and downloads.
I might use the serfish with a mimed ssh-account to move around files on
the filesystem, but I would love an ajax interface for that, so that the
non-techies can do that, too

Any solution for that?
Daniel