[support] hosting of Drupal 7 sites

Pia Oliver pia at piasworld.com
Thu Nov 8 23:53:52 UTC 2012

In case anyone else is interested I have had the following
suggestions and am looking at them all.
I had forgotten to change the settings file in my domain ... but that
is fixed now.

*******************
I've been really happy with Rackspace Cloud sites. Lots of storage,
and the uptime on one commercial site I have is at almost 300 days

I had some sites on Hostmonster, and some on Linode. Both were good.

I had some sites on Hostmonster, +1

We use Linode for some staging and production, and have heard great
things about (and will be using) Blackmesh for higher traffic
projects.

I keep my sites on dreamhost, running slowly. I think there is RAM
issue, but amount of RAM per hosting account is top secret. I have
few static sites, 4 Drupals and 5 Joomlas, all very small traffic.
Last year they were fine, this year after few hardware problems, I
was off line for 2-3 days ( all together) they moved to new
hardware...and I am considering moving elsewhere. I use their shared
hosting ( not recommended for drupal ), website is
<http://www.tkstudiodesign.com>www.tkstudiodesign.com if you want to
have a look how it works

I had hosted some Drupal sites on GoDaddy and they were very slow, so
I decided to try BlueHost for a trial period and the difference was
amazing. Not as fast as high end sites, for sure, but still... much
faster.

I like hostgator.com and I have had very good support with them they have
even helped me resolve some problems.

***************
The sites I am concerned about are:
<http://www.HeavenSentDesserts.com>
<http://www.RandallHouseRareBooks.com> this latter had to come online
long before it's finished. I had a programmer work with me on loading
our own db and being able to use it for our "Products" and he has
abandoned me after 50% of the work is done ... he did a module which
is only partially working, to upload ca. 5,500 books, all individual
titles, and being able to display them, search on them, etc. and I
don't have the php or sql knowledge to finish it. We also have paid
already a lot to the disappearing programmer, and funds are low ...

--

www.piasworld.com

"But where is the ambiguity? It's over there, in a box." --J.Cleese