[support] multisite on shared hosting

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Fri Nov 9 22:09:48 UTC 2012

>> Hi,
>> Does anyone has experience with Drupal multi-site on shared hosting. How it is in terms of RAM consumption.Is it better than several standalone Drupal installations, or just opposite. Will it improve performance, I have reached RAM limit recently, got rid off some useless installs ,got better but still poorly. I am not talking about heavy traffic websites.

We have 20 gig disk space. Used to have multi sites but went to separate
installations so that if/when one Drupal install gets hacked, and
they've tried very hard on one of them, it never affects other sites.
Speed and memory wise, I can't comment but find that because each is
accessed very differently by end users there never seems to be bottlenecks.