[support] Enabling jquery/AJAX (unknow is not a function)

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Wed Nov 14 00:19:03 UTC 2012

Using drupal 7.16 on Mac OSX 107, bitnami install.
I have created a test page with just the following :
[code]
<DIV ID="content"></DIV>
 onclick="$('#content').load('http://localhost/cgi-bin/cgitest.py');">Take
 me away</a>
[/code]
When I click on the rendered link, I get the following javascript
error:
"Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function onclick"
from Chrome.

Being a drupal noob but familiar with javascript issues in CGI
programming, I infer that the jquery code for 'load' et al is not
being sourced and that perhaps the correct module is not enabled?

I have derived this from the example shown at
http://drupal.org/node/305747

NOTE : I have enabled the drupal ajax examples. None can illuminate
this problem for me.

Any help would be appreciate:
thanks
--