[support] Enabling jquery/AJAX (unknow is not a function)

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Wed Nov 14 01:29:11 UTC 2012

* Tim Johnson <tim at akwebsoft.com> [121113 16:25]:
> * Jamie Holly <hovercrafter at earthlink.net> [121113 16:13]:
> > You need to set your server up to actually process python files. Doing
> > so varies widely depending upon OS, server software and versions. You
> > might want to Google for it or ask around on a forum dedicated to server
> > configuration.
>   Wow! I've been a CGI programmer for 17 years and using python for
>   CGI for 10 of that. Most certainly my server - I.E. apache,
>   running on port 80 *is* configured to process python.
>
>   However the server in question in this case is drupal itself,
>   running on port 8080.
>
>   Therefore, the question should be : How can I configure drupal to
>   process python files?
  Actually, perhaps the question might be :

  Am I using the correct jQuery function to actually read from the
  query response as written to stdout rather than loading the entire
  file content?

  I've developed my own javascript resources over the years, so have
  never used jQuery and will research this.

  Any further comments and/or solutions are welcome.
  thanks again
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com