[support] Enabling jquery/AJAX (unknow is not a function)

Wed Nov 14 01:53:14 UTC 2012

On 11/13/12 8:24 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:
> * Jamie Holly <hovercrafter at earthlink.net> [121113 16:13]:
>> You need to set your server up to actually process python files. Doing
>> so varies widely depending upon OS, server software and versions. You
>> might want to Google for it or ask around on a forum dedicated to server
>> configuration.
>   Wow! I've been a CGI programmer for 17 years and using python for
>   CGI for 10 of that. Most certainly my server - I.E. apache,
>   running on port 80 *is* configured to process python.
>
>   However the server in question in this case is drupal itself,
>   running on port 8080.
>
>   Therefore, the question should be : How can I configure drupal to
>   process python files?
>
>   thanks

Drupal is NOT a server, but a bunch of PHP scripts executed by your web
server (possibly apache). It appears that you have configured your web
server to listen on port 8080 and serve this port from a directory you
have loaded Drupal into. THAT instance of the web server needs to be
configured to run the CGI programs you want.

--
Richard Damon