[support] Enabling jquery/AJAX (unknow is not a function)

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Wed Nov 14 02:33:48 UTC 2012

* Richard Damon <Richard at Damon-Family.org> [121113 17:02]:
> On 11/13/12 8:24 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:
> > * Jamie Holly <hovercrafter at earthlink.net> [121113 16:13]:
> >> You need to set your server up to actually process python files. Doing
> >> so varies widely depending upon OS, server software and versions. You
> >> might want to Google for it or ask around on a forum dedicated to server
> >> configuration.
> >   Wow! I've been a CGI programmer for 17 years and using python for
> >   CGI for 10 of that. Most certainly my server - I.E. apache,
> >   running on port 80 *is* configured to process python.
> >
> >   However the server in question in this case is drupal itself,
> >   running on port 8080.
> >
> >   Therefore, the question should be : How can I configure drupal to
> >   process python files?
> >
> >   thanks
> >
> Drupal is NOT a server, but a bunch of PHP scripts executed by your web
> server (possibly apache). It appears that you have configured your web
> server to listen on port 8080 and serve this port from a directory you
> have loaded Drupal into. THAT instance of the web server needs to be
> configured to run the CGI programs you want.

 Ah! My mistake!

 I just let bitnami do the install. I did no configuration, but
 perhaps an  option for port 80 was there in the setup interface. I
 would assume however that the apache instance would use the same
 configuration that the instance on port 80 does.

 I believe that the jQuery.get() function may be what is
 needed. I will try it and report back tomorrow.
 thank you

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com