[support] Multisite Broke After Drush 'archive-restore'

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 16 17:11:48 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Kenneth Jacker wrote:
> No matter how I enter the site (even with a plain IP address) displays
> one of (always the same) non-default sites.  I'd think if anything would
> "trigger" the "default" site (and its associated "settings.php" file)
> content, it'd be coming in as a non-DNS, bare IP address!

That depends on the httpd configuration, not really a Drupal issue.
The numeric address is getting remapped before Drupal sees the
connection.

>   rd> ... have you changed your DNS, (and waited the day for it to
>   rd> propagate)?
>
> Yes. Though most of my testing has been with the IP address (pending the
> movement of additional domain names to the new site).

I never test with the numeric address, instead I map the address to a
planned site name in my client hosts file.  On Windows that file on my
system is C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\etc\hosts and it uses the
standard xx.xx.xx.xx SITE syntax.  On the server side, I always set up
the VHOSTs even though the public DNS hasn't been updated.  This way
Drupal sees the correct site name because that is what I enter into
the browser.

>   rd> Are you using test sub domains (and is the multi-site set up to
>   rd> handle this?)
>
> No sub-domains.

Doesn't really matter, it depends on what Drupal sees as the URL in the request.

> Again, my regrets for the poor initial post ... not my usual behavior!
>
> Thanks again for your comments/questions,
>
>   -Kenneth
>
> PS  I just did a bit more testing ...
>
>     I removed *all* of the multisites directories except 'default' from
>     /var/www/sites, and cleared all Drupal caches.  I also cleared the
>     browser (Chrome) cache.
>
>     Reloading using the IP address displayed the content (except an
>     image) of one of the removed multisites ... weird!
>
>     Maybe something is cached in MySQL?

Are you using differing databases for each site?  You might check the
sessions table, variable table and system table.  Going to
admin/modules and clicking the Submit button will action changes to
the system table to correct data in that table.

--
Earnie