[support] Multisite Broke After Drush 'archive-restore'

Kenneth Jacker khj at be.cs.appstate.edu
Fri Nov 16 15:12:40 UTC 2012

Thanks for your prompt reply!

  rd> And how do you mean that multi-site isn't working?

I am so embarrassed ... I posted a request for help with a non-specific,
"something is wrong" problem "description".

My apologies.

In fact, yesterday I was thinking that I'd done this ("network
unfriendly") act, and needed to post a followup.

Hopefully more useful, comments follow ...

  rd> Are the alternate sites "dead", or do all domains just use default?
  rd>
  rd> Since multi-site keys off the domain name of the request, how are you
  rd> testing this, ...

No matter how I enter the site (even with a plain IP address) displays
one of (always the same) non-default sites.  I'd think if anything would
"trigger" the "default" site (and its associated "settings.php" file)
content, it'd be coming in as a non-DNS, bare IP address!

  rd> ... have you changed your DNS, (and waited the day for it to
  rd> propagate)?

Yes. Though most of my testing has been with the IP address (pending the
movement of additional domain names to the new site).

  rd> Are you using test sub domains (and is the multi-site set up to
  rd> handle this?)

No sub-domains.

Again, my regrets for the poor initial post ... not my usual behavior!

Thanks again for your comments/questions,

  -Kenneth

PS  I just did a bit more testing ...

    I removed *all* of the multisites directories except 'default' from
    /var/www/sites, and cleared all Drupal caches.  I also cleared the
    browser (Chrome) cache.

    Reloading using the IP address displayed the content (except an
    image) of one of the removed multisites ... weird!

    Maybe something is cached in MySQL?