[support] Multisite Broke After Drush 'archive-restore'

Fri Nov 16 01:53:22 UTC 2012

On 11/15/12 12:51 PM, Kenneth Jacker wrote:
> [ Ubuntu-12.04; Drupal-7.17; Drush-5.8 ]
>
> I backed up a copy of my (multi-site) using Drush's 'archive-backup'.
> The 'tgz' file was transferred to another machine and "installed"  with
> the 'archive-restore' command.
>
> The site basically works except for one important aspect: multi-site.
>
> I've checked that the multiple databases were created, enabled Apache2's
> 'mod_rewite', and made sure each site's "settings.php' had the right
> content and permissions, but "no go".  :(
>
> The odds are high that I've just "forgotten to do something", but can't
> remember what it is!
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
And how do you mean that multi-site isn't working?

Are the alternate sites "dead", or do all domains just use default?

Since multi-site keys off the domain name of the request, how are you
testing this, have you changed your DNS, (and waited the day for it to
propagate)? Are you using test sub domains (and is the multi-site set up
to handle this?)

--
Richard Damon