[support] (no subject)

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 8 22:07:04 UTC 2012

Thanks, Jamie. I think you're onto something here.

Nancy

>________________________________
> From: Jamie Holly
>

>Facebook picks up based on one of two things:
>
>Open Graph tags
>
>Add a head meta tag <meta property="og:image" content="{IMG
      URL}" />

>(Easy solution is a regex to pick image out of $node->content
      and use that. If no image is available, then have a general
      purpose one available to throw in the tag. This can all be done in
      the theme.)

>Parsing Content
>
>If there are no OG tags, then FB will try and determine the image
      from the content. A lot depends on the HTML structure of the page.
      Sometimes you can reorder things in the template to get it to pick
      up.

>For testing purposes, use the Facebook debugger:
>
>http://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug
>
>Facebook only scrapes pages once every 24 hours, so using that
      tool is the best way to make sure you got it.