[support] Drupal 6 - strange menu related issue

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 9 12:02:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Karsai Balázs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
>> You didn't mention reviewing the system log files for PHP and httpd.
>> Also look at admin/reports/dblog to see if there is a relevant message.
>
> I don't have direct access to the server, but I'll try to get the logs
> and check them.
> On my test machine, I checked the logs. The only thing I found was these
> 404 errors:
>
> [Mon Oct 08 10:09:47 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
>   C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/themes,
>   referer: http://localhost/flavonmax/admin/build/menu/item/1964/delete

Ugh, the spaces drive me crazy.  What is your DocumentRoot here?

> But this is because Drupal isn't in the root dir on my test server (on
> the production server, it is in the
> root).

Maybe setup a Virtual Host in apache.  It is rather easy to do.

> Besides, production server runs Windows Server 2008 with IIS, while the
> test server is Windows7 with
> Apache 2.2

So the production server and the test environment are different.  Not
the best situation but can be better if you have an end to end test
system that contains IIS to deploy to before moving to production.

> Also tried /admin/reports, but I don't have dblog there, the only thing
> I can choose is status report.

Check that you have "Database Logging" enabled at admin/build/modules.

> I don't know where the PHP log files are.

IIRC there not enabled by default.  You can modify the php.ini file to
enable them or to find the location if they are already enabled.

>> Have you tried different browsers to see if the effect is the same?
>> I'm guessing you've overrun some environment related maximum of some
>> sort and the differing browsers makes no difference but finding which
>> one is going to be a pain.  Maybe the overrun is the file size or
>> column size depending on how you store sessions (file based versus db
>> based).
> Yes, I tried on Firefox, Chrome, Opera and IE. My home PC runs Linux,
> I'll try on it, but I doubt
> that this is the problem.
>
> Meawhile I updated PHP in hope this helps, but the issue is still there.
>
> Can I safely empty the sessions table? I think that maybe that'll help...

Yes, you can empty the sessions table.  It will log off all sessions.

--
Earnie