[support] Drupal obfuscation

Austin Einter austin.einter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 12:38:27 UTC 2012

Dear All
I am sorry if I am asking a wrong question here. But to proceed further I
need your suggestion/advise.

Is it legal to *obfuscation* <http://drupal.org/node/1288038> Drupal code
base (that contains Druapl standard released code and custom modules
developed by us).
The main reason is I want to safeguard the code, as I will be hosting the
site in a shared environment. Will there be any license violation if I do *
obfuscation* <http://drupal.org/node/1288038>.

And to do *obfuscation* <http://drupal.org/node/1288038>, what are the
different tools available. I googled and found zends tool set, but if
somebody has good experience in this regard kindly suggest which tool is
better one. Most likely I will be using ubuntu platform to host the site.
To use zends tool send, is it mandatory to use zends server. I do not have
much idea in this regard and any suggestion/input highly appreciated.

Thanks
Austin