[support] Drupal 6 Vs Drupal 7

Kamal Palei palei.kamal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 23:52:10 UTC 2012

Hi Jerry, Nancy,  Daniels
Thanks a lot for input.

By the way Jerry, you mentioned 2 steps to make D7 better in regard to
negate the slowness.

1. Use of opcode cache like APC
2. Use of Varnish

Is there any other such options one need to look at to improve the
performance?

I have no idea on APC or Varnish. Does D7 provides any configuration to
choose these things, or we need to apply any particular configuration to
web servers. Jerry it will be so nice of you, if you can provide more info.

Thanks a lot.
Austin