[support] Any differences using MySQL or SQLite for Drupal?

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Wed Sep 26 16:22:06 UTC 2012

Greetings all.

I was wondering is there a difference between using MySQL
or using SQLite3 as the Drupal database please?

Obviously SQLite3 has the advantages of being serverless and
easy to backup, as it's only one database file?

But is there any reduction in the functionality if I used
SQLite3 as opposed to using MySQL? I was thinking in terms
of foreign keys, or oyher functionality that is in MySQL
but not available in SQLite3.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: