[support] Trouble updating D6 to 7

Info Razor inforazor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 23:25:16 UTC 2013

update.php is essential after any code updates that add/remove tables. not running it, or getting stuck mid-way, is serious and you should roll back.

make sure before you do upgrades that you have backups of your file system and database. Using GIT for the files is strongly recommended as it makes it very easy to roll back/fwd.

your update could fail for a number of reasons, missing files, partial downloads, moving from a version of a module to another where there are migration issues etc.

it's hard to diagnose your issue without more information, and it's not the easiest type of problem to diagnose via an email neither.

check the log files, what errors did you get? is it in one module?

bottom line though: roll back your code if it is all broken now, go back to your previous saved version of the database. then start over and if you hit an error, deal with it before proceeding and resolve it without skipping anything.

hope something here is helpful!

best,

seb.

--