[support] Fed up with Drupal 7 ... Desperately.....modules.etc

John Summerfield summer at js.id.au
Sat Apr 6 04:05:32 UTC 2013

On 06/04/13 10:34, Roger wrote:
> Side note.
> I just updated the server to Drupal-7.22 and the Fatal memory problem
> remains. But not on my home systems to which I copied the whole file
> system and database. I have no way of addressing shared server issues
> other than /settings.php so thinking if Views and Panels, etc are a
> problematic Drupal overhead and it's better to build from scratch,
> Drupal becomes an increasing burden. I think I'll gradually move away
> from Drupal. Seems it's pretty much, not worth the effort.

I have sites, not released yet but visible, at chesswa.com.au and
mandurah.chesswa.com.au.

The host is CentOS6 pretty much exactly the same as my test host, it's
got D7.22 with views and panels (and Jackson!) (and domains) and has no
problems at all. Except that domains doesn't do what I want.

Apache uses 400 Mbytes virtual with PHP assigned 128Mb. Since there's
nothing to see, and the registration form doesn't appear unless it's
viewed from inside Australia, there's negligible traffic.

The fact domains doesn't do what I want is the principal reason I set up
my test system thus far the site's only seemed useful for people who
appear to register in order to spam the site, so it's sitting there
defying them while I decide how best to proceed.