[support] I just want a simple table

Prothero William waprothero at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 21:02:11 UTC 2013

Folks:
I'm in Drupal 7, working on my front page. I simply want to make a layout grid that lets me align a small image, and a text explanation to the right. It will have some number of rows, 2 columns. With normal html, I would create a table with the left boundary equal to the width of the image and just put the text into the second column. However, the editor will not let me set the width of column 1. It only allows me to make a column with half the width of the full table. In other words, it deletes the width="200px" part of the <td> tag. I want <td width-"200px">

I've looked at the various "responsive table" modules, including fooTable and semantic views. These are just too complex for me to use to make the one simple table on my site. I don't want to make the investment of time right now to learn Views and other related modules.

Isn't there a simple way to make a table like the one I described?

Thanks for any direction.
Bill

Prothero William
waprothero at gmail.com