[support] .htaccess in /tmp for Drupal 7?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Dec 5 21:29:49 UTC 2013

Greetings,

I'm almost finished (fingers crossed) to update a website I manage to
drupal 7.24

Everything seems OK and I've already updated the .htaccess files in
sites/*/files/ as explained in

https://drupal.org/SA-CORE-2013-003

The only thing I'm not sure about is where that page says:

Additionally, the .htaccess of the temporary files directory and
private files directory (if used) should include this command:

Deny from all

my temporary files directory as shown in
/admin/config/media/file-system is /tmp (private file system path is
empty). Should I put an ..htaccess in /tmp too???

I believe not, but I'd rather have confirmation.

Thanks!
Marco