[support] Unable to send e-mail. Contact the site administrator if the problem persists

Chris Miller cjm at tryx.org
Wed Dec 11 23:29:49 UTC 2013

Hi Tim,

Let's split the problem. Let's test your PHP mail capability first, before we conclude it is Drupal. Ddjust the $to and $from accordingly, copy this to <drupal root>/sites/mail.php and ask for http://<www...>/sites/mail.php . If you see "Mail Sent", then that begins to exonerate your PHP mail configuration.

<?php
$to = "demo at tryx.org";
$subject = "Test mail";
$message = "Hello! This is a simple email message.";
$from = "demo1 at tryx.org";
$headers = "From:" . $from;
mail($to,$subject,$message,$headers);
echo "Mail Sent.";