[support] Unable to send e-mail. Contact the site administrator if the problem persists

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Wed Dec 11 23:06:26 UTC 2013

I'm using version 7.24. Recently upgraded. I have a site running on
my desktop which is "pushed" to my domain hoster (as the "deployed
site" )as I update it.

I am now getting (constantly) error messages as per the subject line
"Unable to send e-mail. Contact the site administrator if the
problem persists" Sometimes, I actually can send mail, sometimes
not.
Most disturbingly, that message shows when I fill out and send a
contact from the deployed site as an anonymous user.

Even though I do received the message.
--------------------------------------

I have googled this issue and it looks like this issue is tripping
up many drupalists.

I have installed the smtp authentication module and am still getting
the same messages. Sometimes a dozen or more when I do something as
admin.

In fact, I have problems sending test emails from the smtp auth
module.

Reports and Logs:
Status Report shows no problems.

Logs show errors sending mail, but no helpful messages.

Systems logs (/private/var/log/mail.log on Mac OSX 10.7) shows
something like :
"Dec 11 13:46:51 linus postfix/smtpd[4581]: connect from
localhost[127.0.0.1]
Dec 11 13:46:51 linus postfix/smtpd[4581]: lost connection after
RSET from localhost[127.0.0.1]
Dec 11 13:46:51 linus postfix/smtpd[4581]: disconnect from
localhost[127.0.0.1]"

This is very bad for my business site.
Any ideas, Please?
thanks