[support] Unable to send e-mail. Contact the site administrator if the problem persists

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Thu Dec 12 01:41:43 UTC 2013

* Chris Miller <cjm at tryx.org> [131211 16:16]:

  Don't sell yourself short. You've been a big help! You have at
  least put me on to an issue relevant to my desktop. I think there
  may be two separate issues, so I'm going to rephrase what is
  happening at my domain at akwebsoft.com :

  I constantly see error messages :
  "Unable to send e-mail. Contact the site administrator if the
  problem persists."
  I see those error messages as admin __and__ I see them as an
  anonymous user when I send a message through the contact form.
  1)Using a PHP script as you have instructed - which uses the PHP
  mail() function works.
  2)Sending a test email from the SMTP Authentication module (which
  I installed after these error starting showing up after I updated
  to 7.24) - works.
  3)I have set all email addresses to the same and to the same as
  the domain from which it is published.
  I __suspected__ that it could be the "Logging And Alerts" module
  but when I disabled it I still got the same message.

  I at the end of my day here. I will pursue it further tomorrow.
  Again, thanks to Chris for his help and I hope to be further
  edified :)

  regards
--
Tim