[support] Unable to send e-mail. Contact the site administrator if the problem persists

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Mon Dec 16 19:08:28 UTC 2013

* Jamie Holly <hovercrafter at earthlink.net> [131216 08:37]:
> Do you still have this in your settings.php?
>
> ini('sendmail_path', '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f tim at akwebsoft.com');
>
> If so then try setting the sendmail_path in your php.ini file and
> restart PHP. You can also set the sendmail_from in there and see if that
> helps.

 My sendmail_path in php.ini _was_ set as '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i'
 I added the '-f' argument, then was getting a
 fatal: usage: sendmail [options]
 from postfix
 So, I've changed it back.

> If that doesn't work, then there is some weird configuration in your
> either distribution of PHP or the build of Postfix/sendmail. You would
> really need to ask on an Apple forum or where you got these packages from.

  I concurr, I will start with the macports community, I'm on their
  ML.

> Another option is to just disable the whole verify sender in Postfix.
> There's no risk in your local machine, so long as you aren't using it
> for real world stuff. Just disable access to port 25 and 587 from the
> outside world in your firewall so spammers can't use your comp to send
> emails (also make sure you have your akwebsoft and tj49 domains set to
> localhost in your hosts file). To disable it, in your main.cf just add
> this and restart Postfix:
>
> address_verify_sender = <>

  I'm well firewalled, but will try the macports folks first.
  The main problem with sending email from drupal has been solved (_I
  think_). I need to test the ini() solution on my remote (deployed)
  site, but in the meantime, you have my gratitude. Thanks - tim -

--
Tim