[support] Drupal Content Management

Jeff Brown jeff at wildcoast.com
Mon Dec 16 20:45:23 UTC 2013

Thanks for your great contributions to the community Jamie.

I defer to your far greater experience.

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but I thought - some years after my last foray
into this particular issue - that it was built in.

Perhaps it's the ACL module which is providing that functionality on
my site/s? I honestly can't remember what I did, but it was dead
simple at the time.

Best regards,

Jeff

On 16 Dec 2013, at 8:25 PM, Jamie Holly wrote:

> Drupal doesn't offer role based access to content by type out of the
> box. It just has a catch all "view published content" permission.
> The only granular control it gives to roles on a content type basis
> is for create, edit and update.
>
> To control the view access by content type, you do need a 3rd party
> module, of which there are numerous.
> Jamie Holly
> http://hollyit.net
> On 12/16/2013 1:12 PM, Jeff Brown wrote:
>> This is a standard feature of Drupal:
>>
>> http://site.tld/admin/people/permissions/roles
>>
>> ... and simply control different access levels through a
>> combination of Content-types & Permissions.
>>
>> No 3rd party modules required...
>>
>> (I think this is the simplest and most elegant solution because
>> users without access to particular content can't even see menu
>> items created for those Content-types.)
>>
>> MMV...
>>
>> On 16 Dec 2013, at 5:16 PM, Sam Barraclough wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>     We are wanting to build a new website using Drupal. This will
>>> be an online website accessed through subscription to varying
>>> levels of membership. We are looking to find out if Drupal has a
>>> module or the capability to control accessbility of content to
>>> different subscribers based on the membership level they purchase.
>>>
>>> For example, a customer purchases our Bronze Membership. They can
>>> only access content on our Drupal site that we have created for
>>> Bronze Members.
>>>
>>> Does Drupal have the capability to differentiate our customers
>>> based on membership level and control our content release
>>> accordingly?
>>>
>>> And where possible we would like to link this in with InfusionSoft
>>> API module.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>

>>> Sam Barraclough
>>>
>>> Lead Coach- Pro Football Support sam.barraclough at profootballsupport.com