[support] When to use nodes and when to use new entities

Steve Kessler skessler at denverdataman.com
Wed Feb 20 20:48:12 UTC 2013

I know there is a lot written on this topic but I am finding so much
information that I would like to hear what people think on the list and
maybe how you came to this thought position.

I am not sure when to create new entities and when to use nodes.

For example looking at something like an order or a line item in Drupal
Commerce it makes sense to me that this is its own type of thing or a group
in OG. However, if I am creating a list of resources and there are say
three types of them would I want three content types or three bundles in a
new entity type.

Thanks,
Steve

--