[support] Best practices for stage <--> productions

Zyumbilev, Peter peter at aboutsupport.com
Fri Feb 22 05:54:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have more than 10 years of web admin/dev experience but I am just
starting with drupal. I am about to set stage/dev environment for the
first project. Both production and stage are Unix(Freebsd), I have full
root access. What should be the best practices I should follow.

So far I found these:

(1) http://drupal.org/project/drush_ctex_bonus
(2) http://community.aegirproject.org/

What do you advise for best practices ? Nice to have, but not a must is
to be simple for the web developers e.g "press button sync": i.e they do
not need to contact for export, they do not need to go under ssh and use
git/svn.

Thanks,

Peter