[support] Understanding the 'user' node

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 29 00:08:54 UTC 2013

There is no such thing as a user 'node' (well, unless you use one of those modules). Users are just users.

If you get rid of /user, how are you ever going to get in to administer the site?

I have a bunch of sites where the login block has been disabled entirely. On those sites, one must use the /user path. I don't see what the harm of leaving that in place could be. Without an ID and password, the user is going nowhere.

Nancy