[support] Understanding the 'user' node

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Tue Jan 29 19:54:29 UTC 2013

* Al Sessions <fultonchain at gmail.com> [130129 10:37]:

> <http://drupal.org/project/rename_admin_paths>
>
> This module allows you to:
>
>    - rename path like '/admin/...' to '/something/...'
>    - rename path like '/user/..' to '/something else/..'
>
> It can be effective against registration spam bots or malicious people.
>
> This small module just implements hook_outbound_alter and
> hook_inbound_alter to rename paths.
> A settings form allows to choose replacement term for "admin" and "user".
  I have just implemented this.
  It works as advertised!

  FYI: I have clients and potential clients that are
  1)Paranoid - citing good reason
  2)Extremely security conscious - citing good reason
  3)Suspicious of PHP - http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Rasmus_Lerdorf
    doesn't help things.
  4)Suspicious of CMS systems.

  (drupal, however - regardless of the core language is well spoken
   of by members of the same community, one of the reasons I chose to
   learn it)

  This module is going to help me overcome much of the above.
  Furthermore it is illustrative of drupal's rich store of
  resources.

  I included the enumerated items not to encourage controversy but
  to point out the push back that I am working to overcome. :) I'm
  not as paranoid as they are....

  Thanks again for the support. You all keep up the good work.
  cheers
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com