[support] Understanding the 'user' node

Al Sessions fultonchain at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 19:25:09 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Steve Wickham <steve at wickwoodonline.com>wrote:

> >From what I understand, in the WordPress world it is a fairly common
> thing to change the path of the user login page in order to harden the site
> because this helps prevent bots from finding the login page in the first
> place.  The other thing that is commonly done is to change the preassigned
> admin username to something else.
>
> I myself have wondered about how this might be done with Drupal, and have
> never found an answer.  Although to be honest, i never looked that hard.
>  So if you do find the answer, or if someone knows the answer to this,
> please post it back here.

<http://drupal.org/project/rename_admin_paths>

This module allows you to:

   - rename path like '/admin/...' to '/something/...'
   - rename path like '/user/..' to '/something else/..'

It can be effective against registration spam bots or malicious people.

This small module just implements hook_outbound_alter and
hook_inbound_alter to rename paths.
A settings form allows to choose replacement term for "admin" and "user".

--
Al Sessions
http://valecemetery.org <http://420summit.com>