[support] Many many modules

Thu Jan 31 02:47:16 UTC 2013

On 1/30/13 8:54 PM, Al Sessions wrote:
> Thanks, Cindy.
>
> My problem is that I'm not sure what modules are in use.
>
> There are dependencies upon dependencies and I'm hesitant to remove
> anything.
>
> What I was looking for is a module or snippet that would let me know
> *every* module actually in use.

A module that is "Enabled" is in one sense "In use", as part of it is
potentially run on every page access. A module that is disabled can't be
in use.

If you go to the admin/module page, it will list every module loaded on
you site, and if it is enabled, and what it depends on and what depends
on it.

To my knowledge, there isn't an easy way to tell if disabling/removing a
module will actually break any functionality for a site (of course many
will clearly cause problems because you know they are being used, but to
prove that an enabled module is safe it remove is hard to do.

--
Richard Damon