[support] Rules redirect

Franz Iberl f.iberl at amazonas-box.de
Thu Jun 6 08:03:27 UTC 2013

Am 06.06.13 08:51, schrieb Roger:
> Hi all
> Our Drupal 7 site is under constant attack from the Chinese.
> In Rails there is an easy way to redirect pretty much anything off site
> or to other page/s not in the system and hide the url.
>
> Also is there a better way of hiding the url of user login
>
> I have tried to set up Rules in Drupal 7 to simply redirect [Page not
> found] responses  back to the front page or better still out of the
> Drupal 7 system completely.
> I've had no success.
>
> Can someone please direct me on how to set up such a Rule on our site.

I have similar problems with lots of spam hits, feeling like a DoS-attac.

My "solution" to date is IP-blocking in the .htacess.

Drupal is helpful with statistics for that, the reports page has an entry for the most active visitors (statistics enabled, of course) with the IP-numbers shown.

All entries with time sum near (or even higher than) the google-bot normally are spammers. The ip-nr looked up in the searche engine mostly gives enough information to justify ip-blocking.

The most effective way is the .htacess (manual work necessary, yes), if you cannot use .htacess, Drupal can block IPs too (from the report I mentioned above), but of course this consumes more server time.

Godd luck,
Servus
   Franz