[support] Rules redirect

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 6 11:44:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:03 AM, Franz Iberl wrote:
> Am 06.06.13 08:51, schrieb Roger:
>> Hi all
>> Our Drupal 7 site is under constant attack from the Chinese.
>> In Rails there is an easy way to redirect pretty much anything off site
>> or to other page/s not in the system and hide the url.
>>
>> Also is there a better way of hiding the url of user login
>>
>> I have tried to set up Rules in Drupal 7 to simply redirect [Page not
>> found] responses  back to the front page or better still out of the
>> Drupal 7 system completely.
>> I've had no success.
>>
>> Can someone please direct me on how to set up such a Rule on our site.
>
> I have similar problems with lots of spam hits, feeling like a DoS-attac.
>
> My "solution" to date is IP-blocking in the .htacess.

You could use the ip blocking tool in Drupal itself instead of .htaccess.

> Drupal is helpful with statistics for that, the reports page has an entry for the most active visitors (statistics enabled, of course) with the IP-numbers shown.

Yes, this I use too.

> All entries with time sum near (or even higher than) the google-bot normally are spammers. The ip-nr looked up in the searche engine mostly gives enough information to justify ip-blocking.

Correct, several accesses within the same second is a good clue.

> The most effective way is the .htacess (manual work necessary, yes), if you cannot use .htacess, Drupal can block IPs too (from the report I mentioned above), but of course this consumes more server time.

There is also the restrict_ip module[1] which does the opposite of
what the cor ip blocking function does and you have to provide the
list of allowed addresses, everyone else gets access denied.

[1] https://drupal.org/project/restrict_ip

--
Earnie