[support] Subject: Re: Rules redirect

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Thu Jun 6 12:45:23 UTC 2013

Thanks for replying.
<snip> You could use the ip blocking tool in Drupal itself instead of
.htaccess. </snip>

Yes I have tried this on another site however the protagonist only has
to switch is modem of then on and he has a new ip address, or have a
couple of hundred pests using the same attempts. We have a couple of
hundred attempts using the same [type] but sifferent IP addresses each
time.

[type] in Reports shows a list including wp-login.php, signup.php or
.asp, modules.php, profile.php, register.aspx, reg.php  YaBB.cgi,
register, blogs, join.php /.pl / .asp and the list goes on and on with
entirely different ip addresses for each.

I blocked dozens of legitimate users with the Drupal IP blocking because
they eventually got the blocked ip addresses.
I also set it so that after an number of attempts it blocked the IP but
some people are really dumb and cannot enter their user or password
consistently and so they too got blocked after 5 attempts. I had to
remove it.

<snip>

All entries with time sum near (or even higher than) the google-bot normally are spammers. The ip-nr looked up in the searche engine mostly gives enough information to justify ip-blocking.</snip>

I don't know about this, can someone please explain: time sum near (or even higher than) the google-bot

Whois indicates that all emminate from an ISP in Putian city, Fujian province, China,36.248.169.127
Thanks
Roger