[support] Site Documentation Module?

John Summerfield summer at js.id.au
Mon Jun 10 01:45:37 UTC 2013

On 10/06/13 04:02, Bob Turner wrote:
> The data to be compared (html and javascript) is not on the filesystem,
> not directly anyway.  Its contained within the Drupal node stored in the
> mysql database.

Have a look at your tables, I'd not expect either js or HTML in them,
aside from cache tables and maybe fragments of PHP & HTML you created
yourself for special effects.

Drupal separates data, business logic and presentation; business logic
is done in PHP modules and presentation in themes and CSS.

Site admins customise the business logic using content types, rules and
so on, and the presentation by customising themes, and mostly those
customisations are stored in tables too, with some in files (some themes
store colour information in files, I have noticed).

_I_ don't know whether there is the kind of module you need, by I could
create any special reports I might need for diagnosis using the standard
commandline tools, or maybe a generic database dump of particular tables
would suffice.

--
John