[support] Memcache Usage

Austin Einter austin.einter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 05:01:44 UTC 2013

Dear All
I have installed Memcache in Drupal 7 in a I7, 16GB RAM machine.

You can access www.netcloudjobs.com

Looks the page loading slow (Varnish is disabled, NOT using APC/BOOST etc).

I just executed memcached in verbose mode in a terminal.

Whenever I access any page in my site, I get

*<30 new auto-negotiating client connection
30: Client using the binary protocol
<30 Read binary protocol data:
<30    0x80 0x00 0x00 0x19
<30    0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
<30    0x00 0x00 0x00 0x19
<30    0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
<30    0x63 0x61 0x63 0x68
<30    0x65 0x5f 0x62 0x6f
<30 connection closed.
*
So I suspect if it is running properly. One thing I can observe is without
Memcache my site is comparatively faster.

How do I find out if Memcache is running properly or not.

-Austin