[support] Recent move Drupal 6.22, PHP5.3, PostGresql 8.4 doesn't work

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Sun Mar 24 18:18:59 UTC 2013

Greetings,

Due an emergency (failing disk) we moved our whole server from a CentOS 5
machine to a CentOS 6.

In the process, newer software versions were installed by default;
relevant to Drupal
CentOS 5 had PHP 5.1; CentOS 6 now has PHP 5.3
CentOS 5 had Postgresql 8.1.x; CentOS 6 has Postgresql 8.4.x

The way I restored the Postgresql databases was through pg_dumpall to a
huge text file, and then psql postgres < AllPostgresDatabases.out on the
PG 8.4 system.

Our Drupal installations were local from tarballs, not from RPMs. In most
cases they are Drupal 6.22

The sites all show Drupal's blue page - site offline.

The Apache logs show that the page returns a 503 Error.

I'm in the process of trying to debug and in a bit of a rush. Usually, I
try and research this in detail before posting.

Much thanks for any advice on returning these sites to status quo.

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com