[support] Recent move Drupal 6.22, PHP5.3, PostGresql 8.4 doesn't work

John Summerfield summer at js.id.au
Mon Mar 25 14:06:52 UTC 2013

On 25/03/13 02:18, Max Pyziur wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Due an emergency (failing disk) we moved our whole server from a CentOS 5
> machine to a CentOS 6.
>
> In the process, newer software versions were installed by default;
> relevant to Drupal
> CentOS 5 had PHP 5.1; CentOS 6 now has PHP 5.3
> CentOS 5 had Postgresql 8.1.x; CentOS 6 has Postgresql 8.4.x
>
> The way I restored the Postgresql databases was through pg_dumpall to a
> huge text file, and then psql postgres < AllPostgresDatabases.out on the
> PG 8.4 system.
>
> Our Drupal installations were local from tarballs, not from RPMs. In most
> cases they are Drupal 6.22
>
> The sites all show Drupal's blue page - site offline.
>
> The Apache logs show that the page returns a 503 Error.
>
> I'm in the process of trying to debug and in a bit of a rush. Usually, I
> try and research this in detail before posting.
>
> Much thanks for any advice on returning these sites to status quo.

In your position I would be most reluctant to change software versions.
My recommendation is that, if possible, you to recreate your broken
CentOS 5 system in a VM  and run your site on that. Changing everything
at once with, I suppose, no planning isn't ideal.

fwiw I have D7+Postgres running in a (virtual) CentOS 6 system. There's
negligible load (and never will be much), but everything functions okay.

I've not tried D6 on it.