[support] Varnish

John Summerfield summer at js.id.au
Mon Mar 25 14:20:21 UTC 2013

On 18/03/13 01:21, Jamie Holly wrote:
> What you're trying to achieve is having all connections to Apache go
> through Varnish, as Varnish functions as a proxy server to Apache.

I am using Apache (on CentOS 5)  to proxy one of my domains so as to
forward the domain to a virtual CentOS 6 box.

A problem I had is that all connexions to my C6 system originated from
192.168.4.24, the internal address of my C5 system.

It stuffs the Apache logs and it stuffed ip2country until I fiddled with
settings.php.

I have no experience with Varnish, but I suppose it could have similar
consequences.