[support] Using a DS layout in Panels

Jeff Greenberg listmail.ayendesigns at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 02:43:27 UTC 2013

I have a hole in my knowledge of Panels that needs filling :)   I created a
DS panel for the node display for Commerce product-display. Works fine.

Then the requirement changed a bit, so I decided that the product/xxx URL
will be controlled by Panels, using a 2-column panel, and that the left
side will be the DS layout.

There is a DS choice in Panels when adding content, but it is not for
selecting a DS layout.

I don't see a place in Panels where I can add a content type (ie
product-display) as content.

So, two things driving me crazy. How do I get Panels to use the DS layout
for the content type. And how do I use the product name as the context
(Panels only lists product id, which is a number, which should not be the
URL)?

Thanks!

--
---