[support] Drupal 7 + AJAX + Java Script issue

Kamal Palei palei.kamal at gmail.com
Mon May 27 08:59:03 UTC 2013

Dear All
I have used previously Drupal 7 form with AJAX. But first time using along
with java script. I am facing a typical issue as explained below. Kindly
check if you can help out or give some pointer to fix it.

I have a page, where I am presenting 100 users data to a logged in user. We
need to send mass email for certain users. So I have provided one checkbox
per user.

Logged in user selects few checkboxes and tries to send mass email. I have
buttons "show email form" and "hide email form". Using AJAX I am able to
show the email form (having subject and body fields, and "send email"
button etc) and hide the email form (just by clicking  "show email form"
and "hide email form" buttons). Till this point it works nicely.

While I am trying to send email, I enter subject, mail content and press
"send email" button which is present in AJAX area div. To my surprise when
I click "send email" button corresponding submit handler is not invoked,
hence not able to send email.

I have a java script, that just does Select / Unselect all for all
checkboxs.

Can somebody point out is it a known issue and how do we overcome it.

Thanks
kamal