[support] Mass E-Mail in Drupal 7

Kamal Palei palei.kamal at gmail.com
Tue May 28 05:20:59 UTC 2013

Dear All
I have some doubt regarding mass email in Drupal.
Lets say I want to send mass email to 5000 users at a time from a custom
module.

In custom module, I have to make use of drupal_mail() to send email. Now do
I need to loop through 5000 times and send the mail, or is there any way I
can send mail to 5000 users.

Can I put 5000 email ids in CC or BCC . If so, with drupal_mail, how can I
put the mail ids in CC or BCC list. Is there any limit how many email ids I
can put in CC / BCC.

Note: Once I tried to sending 3500 mails, in a for loop. Each email id I
did put in to field. Looks some of the users did not get email. I am
wondering what is wrong and why some users did not get mail.

Thanks
kamal