[support] Displaying blocks in a theme

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Mon Nov 25 23:43:14 UTC 2013

Hope someone can help with this.
Drupal 7 updated.

I've used a few different themes and find that information in blocks has
a line above the block that I cannot remove.
When module Automatic Nodetitles is on, the content title is not needed
but the theme still displays an annoying border.

Has anyone found a way around this so that blocks have no extraneous or
unwanted extra lines displaying.

I have similarly found that tables created in CKeditor seem to have a
faint top border even when border='0'

This border problem occurs in Bartik, Garland, Mayo, Business, even in
Stark so I do not believe it is theme related.

In Garland it stems from two points.
<hr>
is automatically inserted in the page code
In style.css  I set display:none; but only the blue lines are off, light
grey lines come from somewhere else, maybe core?

It's probably a cutesy idea for an automatic seperator between articles
but no use to my themes.

Help is greatly appreciated
Thank you in advance
Roger