[support] Sub Theme

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Fri Oct 11 03:19:52 UTC 2013

On 10/11/2013 02:03 PM, support-request at drupal.org wrote:
>   I am no longer inheriting from the
> >Bartik base theme; I will have a copy which
> >means that any changes to the base theme will be
> >ignored and I don't really have a sub-theme; I
> >have a modified new base-theme. I am lead to
> >believe that what I have done is sufficient.
Iincorrect assumption #1!

  I am no longer inheriting from the
>Bartik base theme; I will have a copy

As I tried to explain you will "inherit" much of the bartik theme system
but to createe the theme circumstance you need a minimum of set up data
in your "personal" sub theme.

Incorrect assumption #2.

  which
>means that any changes to the base theme will be
>ignored and I don't really have a sub-theme;

As explained previously.
You will be using pretty much all of teh Bartik theme code and Drupal
core code.

Incorrect assumption #3.

>have a modified new base-theme.
No! you have a subset which calls on most of the base theme.

Incorrect assumption #3
I am lead to
>believe that what I have done is sufficient.

Not at all!  If it were sufficient you would have a working theme.

Roger