[support] Was Sub-theme now Emptying cache.

Sat Oct 12 16:48:18 UTC 2013

On 10/11/13 8:07 PM, Roger wrote:
>> The caching is all tied to performance.
>> Without it Drupal becomes a huge anchor.
> Jamie thank you for an excellent description.
>
> You raise an interesting point.
> Wouldn't you agree that, as this is a well documented flaw during
> development, Drupal could  better handle cache instead of passing it off
> to the developer who in my experience, doesn't need caching until final
> testing.
> Surely it could be a simple core process to empty cache on each save, an
> automated housekeeping matter?
> Roger
The thing to remember that the main purpose of the cache is to avoid the
Drupal core from needing to scan all the files on each page load.

If you are using a tool in Drupal to change the files, then that tools
can clear the caches needed, but most file editing is done outside of
Drupal, and unless the editing tool is "Drupal Aware", it doesn't know
about the need to do so.

--
Richard Damon