[support] Problems with Views_slideshow

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 21 10:43:20 UTC 2013

Drupal 7.23 and latest Views slide show produce error:

  * /Deprecated function/: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is
    deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in
    /_views_slideshow_preprocess_views_slideshow()/ (line /73/ of
    //var/www/html/sandbox/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/theme/views_slideshow.theme.inc/).
  * /Deprecated function/: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is
    deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in
    /_views_slideshow_preprocess_views_slideshow()/ (line /76/ of
    //var/www/html/sandbox/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/theme/views_slideshow.theme.inc/).

and repeat the error about 70 times. Seems silly to repeat the same
(line /76)/ lines so many times, this too must be a bug.

I see in 2012 there was a patch which does not work in these versions.

I deleted the latest views_slideshow and installed an older version that
works with drupal 7.21 in our live site.
It too fails with 7.23 so it seems to be a drupal core error. I'm glad I
haven't updated core in the live site.

Has anyone found a fix for the views_slideshow error please.

Thanks in advance
Roger