[support] Content with multiple fields

Chris Miller cjm at tryx.org
Tue Oct 22 15:10:47 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

I have a content-type, "Coming Events", which has zero or more "Happening" dates that represent the schedule for some event. I have a view which produces a block showing the brief content, one appearance per event regardless of the event schedule. So far so good.

The "natural" sort order is apparently content creation order, but I want to sort the view to list each event once by the soonest "Happening" date per event. This causes an entry in the view for EACH date in EACH event. I've tried aggregation and gotten aggravation. (-: There is no combination of view options that lets me filter the events to one occurrence per event and sort by "Happening" date. I thought I might avoid the problem with a single occurrence date field that simply copied the first "Happening" date, but I found no way to mirror a field. It is really a double selection: select the unique events then select the earliest "Happening" date, for each event. I'm not exactly sure how I'd write that in SQL, but I am reasonably sure that it can be done.

Does anybody have any insight into how this particular problem is solved?

Chris.